We understand that the JAMB change of course and institution for 2020 has commenced. Some candidates have confirmed that they were able to process their changes at accredited centres and JAMB offices. So we urge other candidates who wish to change their course/ institution to proceed to an accredited centre or JAMB office for that purpose. You can also correct your Bio-data which include your name, date of birth, gender, State and Local Government of origin.
The process costs N2, 500 only (excluding the service charge by an accredited centre) and can only be processed online, just like every other process of the board.
Before you proceed to do that, please make sure you do the following;
-Be sure of the Course/Institution you would like to make changes. Verify if the course is available in the school using the JAMB Brochure.
-Be sure that the school you are changing to does not have a cut-off mark higher than your score.
– Ensure you select a Course in line with your UTME/Olevel subject combination to avoid being screened out during your school’s admission screening exercise.
Step 1- Log into your jamb profile
Step 2- open the menu tab on your jamb profile
Step 3- Click Register, under register a drop box will appear showing UTME correction of data
Step 4- Click it and follow the steps to pay either online or bank. You can make your payment online via JAMB portal. If you are having difficulties doing that, you can pay to the bank.
Step 5- After paying N2500 at the bank plus additional bank charge of N100 naira, proceed to either the closest JAMB office or a JAMB accredited centre to complete the process. An additional fee will be charged for the service.
Note: You can carry out all of the above processes at an accredited centre or JAMB Office.
Also, note the following;
– You can change one or all your courses/institutions at the same time.
– Once the form is submitted, you can no longer make any changes again except for change of course and institution that can be done more than one. The correction of data can only be done once.
-There may be a limited number of schools or courses you can change to, so be sure to have 3 or 4 options, just in case the one you want to change to is not available.
– The cost for the change of course and Data correction is N2,500.
– You can use the one time payment of N2, 500 to change your institution, course, name, date of birth, State and Local Government of origin.
If you have successfully done yours, use the comment section to let us know how it went.