During your time at Fidelity, you will have the opportunity to participate in various activities and workshops including, but not limited to divisional overviews, networking events, presentation skills, business etiquette, and emotional intelligence training.
Responsibilities will vary depending on the area the student is placed in. A job description will be provided prior to an offer of employment being extended. Student positions are targeted to those who are interested in learning about the financial services industry. If you have the following, we encourage you to apply
• Working towards a university degree ideally with a focus on business, commerce or economics
• A motivated and “eager to learn” attitude
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A keen interest in the financial services industry and capital markets
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a customer service focus
• Ability to work on a team as well as independently in a fast-paced environment
• Detail-oriented with proven problem solving skills
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Ability to pick up systems in a short period of time
• Proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
• Bilingualism (verbal and written language skills) is an asset For Summer 2020, available positions are as follows Student, Accounting Projects Student, Advisor Sales Student, Advisor Service Centre Bilingual Student, Broadcasting Technician Student, Business Analytics Student, CS Planning and Analysis Student, Dealer Relations Bilingual Student, FCC Operations Student, FCC – IT Student, Financial Analysis Student, Financial Reporting Student, Finance and Treasury Student, Fund Treasury Student, Internet Development Student, IT Architecture Student, IT Automation Student, Marketing Student, Operations Control Student, Private Investment and Institutional Operations Bilingual Student, Tax Analyst Student, Transfer Agent Processing Bilingual Student, Transfer Agent Processing Support To be considered for a student position with Fidelity, you must submit your resume, a cover letter and your most recent transcript (unofficial) and complete the online application.
Please note that student positions are open to those who have graduated from high school and are entering and/or currently enrolled in post-secondary studies, including graduate studies. Our standard office hours are Monday through Friday 830 am to 5 pm. Our head office is located in downtown Toronto between City Hall and the Eaton Centre. We also have offices in Vancouver, Calgary and Montreal. We thank all students for their applications! By applying to this job, you are consenting to receive an automated acknowledgement of your application.
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please e-mail us at [email protected] No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest, please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Why Work at Fidelity? We are proud to be recipients of the following Awards
• Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2019)
• Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2019
• Canada’s Top Family Friendly Employers (2019)
• 2018 National HR Awards – Queen’s University IRC Professional Development Award Designations
• A Canadian Compassionate Company
• An Imagine Canada Caring Company